You are here
Adobe Photoshop Album Starter Edition 3.2- King of the Digital Photography
Adobe Photoshop Album Starter Edition 3.2 is freeware photo software for browsing, organizing, sharing, and fixing digital photographs. This allows you to manage, edit and organize your digital photos. Automatically fix frequent photo flaws in just single click or two. And easiest way to share your digital photographs in a PDF or normal slideshow with captions, or e-mail photos to family and friends. Adobe Photoshop Album doesn’t contain any spyware or adware.
Photoshop Album Starter Edition - Author Review
This freeware, Starter Edition provides overall management, as well as cropping, color corrections, tagging such as drag/drop categories for your images and more.
Adobe Photoshop Album Starter Edition 3.2 automatically pop up your images when you connect any of data storage devices such as USB drives, storage cards, digital cameras etc.
1. Welcome Screen with possible editing options
From my perspective, the most powerful feature of this Starter Edition is to creates PDF slideshows from my selected images, quickly filter my collections by assigned tags, and navigate with a timeline and more.
It’s really easy to create slideshow of my images, by selecting the Create menu, PDF slideshow… from drop down menu and within a minute I am able to view all my digital photos into the PDF format and easy for me to send it to anyone, anywhere.
2. Create PDF Slideshow
3. Fix and Order menu Together
The photos are arranged by their capture date and contain information at the top from where you can select the month. When you click on the Calendar, this will display calendar month along with the photo’s thumbnail with date. This arrangement of the photo is made by the date of the photos capturing or downloading on your computer or camera. It provides facility to add event on the particular day as shown in image below.
4. Calendar and add Event… Option
Some limitations in this Starter Edition; there is no facility available for zooming, for getting the whole year or the week view in calendar. I can’t filter or search using EXIF data. And it doesn’t support layer facility. Editing of images or photos is limited to rotation, red eye removal, cropping and auto color correction only.
I can export PDF slide shows and emails, but on the other hand can’t export HTML gallery. Although Adobe Photoshop Album Starter Edition 3.2 is not as powerful as Picasa, but it is the only application that is available for free and can be used to edit the capture dates of the images.
We can browse entire photo collections which are independent of the disk locations, browsing of digital images using calendar view or timeline is possible (Refer Screenshot below).
5. Time Line for the Photo Date
- Organization of photos with help of keyword tag,
- Sorting the photos in collections,
- Rotating, Renaming the photos, Adding notes and captions,
- Adjusting the photo based on its time and date,
- Searching the photo by using filename, date, notes, caption or keywords,
- Applying one-click auto correction of photo,
- Performing simple photo fixes such as: fix red-eye, crop, sharpen, auto contrast, auto color, and auto levels,
- Printing the images in standard sizes and picture packages,
- Emailing the photos as slideshows and attachments,
- Ordering the photo prints, and
- Backing up the photos online for additional fee.
Adobe Photoshop Album Starter Edition 3.2 provided us with many additional features which are as of now not available in any other freeware software.